Thursday, April 7, 2011

Life - Keith Richards & James Fox

Title: Life (2010)
Author: Keith Richards & James Fox (Contributor)
ISBN: 978-0-316-03438-8
Non Fiction / Autobiography
Little, Brown And Company
Review: I came to this book with great expectations and I wasn't disappointed.

In the book, Keith details everything from how the band came to be to how they manage to keep going for nearly 50 years. He describes his song writing techniques and reveals the stories that lead to him and Mick Jagger to write many of them. Best of all were the behind the scene stories that describe what happened during Keith's life when he wasn't on-stage. His fights with other band-members, his drug addiction days and his flings on the road.
I feel that Keith uses this book to remind his followers that he's as responsible for The Rolling Stone's success as Mick ever was. I'm glad I read the book, it made me fall in love with "The Stones" early work all over again... I just hope they're around for many years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment